The purpose of the NAWS China Lake Public Affairs Office (PAO) is to uphold the public image of NAWS by administering and managing the command’s community relations program, serving as the NAWS point of contact and spokesperson for all media and public inquiries, and strategically promoting the services and resources offered at China Lake.
- Media Relations - provides information to newspapers, TV, radio stations, and civic organizations through multiple channels, including social networks; and schedules and conducts interviews and news conferences.
- Community Relations - arranges and conducts installation tours, arranges military participation in the community, connects with local schools for tours and projects, and attends meetings of various community organizations.
- Internal Communications - uses internal communications tools and social networks to inform China Lake personnel of announcements and other information and to foster dialogue.
- Event Management - manages and promotes various events.
- Protocol - provides protocol services for official visitors and VIPs.
The Public Affairs Office and the Total Force Strategy and Management Office (Human Resources) are not able to verify employment. Employment verification is now available through My Biz! It is the employee's responsibility to go to My Biz and fill out the necessary information and have it e-mailed to the appropriate parties.
Naval Air Weapons Station
1 Administration Circle, STOP 1014
China Lake, CA 93555-6100