An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Is there a process in place to allow employees entering the base to alert the gate guards to a security breach or a situation which places base security or the driver's security in danger?
Personnel entering the base who observe a safety or security concern should contact the China Lake Police Department as quickly as possible. If it is just for informational purposes, please call the CLPD Dispatch at (760) 939-3323. If there is an immediate danger, please dial 911 on a base phone or call (760) 939-3323 on a cell phone and say it is an agency. CLPD officers will respond to check out the information received or respond immediately, depending upon the nature of the call.

Can DOD Federal civilian employees purchase gasoline for their vehicles at the gas station on base?
Yes, DOD civilians are now authorized to purchase gas on base. 

Why do cars and people stop on Knox and Blandy every morning at 8:00 a.m.?
These cars and people are stopping for morning Colors. Morning Colors are presented each day at 0800 in front of the Administration Building and in front of the Marine Aviation Detachment. When you hear the National Anthem or see the American flag being raised each day, it is customary out of respect for the flag and those who serve to protect our freedom, to stop what you are doing, place your right hand on your heart, face in the direction of the flag and stand still until the National Anthem is finished. If you are driving, stop your car until the music ends. Evening Colors, when the flag is retired for the day, are done each evening at sunset. Again, it is customary to stop what you are doing, and stand still or stop driving until the flag is removed from the flag pole.

Does NAWS have a recycling program?
NAWS China Lake does have a recycling program. There are recycling bins throughout office spaces. A variety of articles are accepted including newspaper, paper, magazines, cardboard, books, aluminum, cans, glass, and certain plastics. Being "green" is a Navy goal that China Lake supports.

Additional questions can be submitted to the NAWS Public Affairs Office.


Google Translation Disclaimer

  • Google Translate, a third party service provided by Google, performs all translations directly and dynamically.
  • Commander, Navy Region Southwest, has no control over the features, functions, or performance of the Google Translate service.
  • The automated translations should not be considered exact and should be used only as an approximation of the original English language content.
  • This service is meant solely for the assistance of limited English-speaking users of the website.
  • Commander, Navy Region Southwest, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information translated.
  • Some items cannot be translated, including but not limited to image buttons, drop down menus, graphics, photos, or portable document formats (pdfs).
  • Commander, Navy Region Southwest, does not directly endorse Google Translate or imply that it is the only language translation solution available to users.
  • All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use Commander, Navy Region Southwest, content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
  • IE users: Please note that Google Translate may not render correctly when using Internet Explorer. Users are advised to use MS Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser to take full advantage of the Google Translate feature.
  • The official text of content on this site is the English version found on this website. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in translated text, refer to the English version on this website, it is the official version.

Commander, Navy Region Southwest   |   750 Pacific Highway   |   San Diego, CA 92132
Official U.S. Navy Website