Sloat Main Gate: 24/7
Del-Monte gate: CURRENTLY CLOSED projected reopening after, Monday, 18th January, 2022.
*Monday-Friday 0700-1000 and
*Monday-Thursday 1600-1730 (Closed on Federal Holidays and throughout NPS Winter and Summer Breaks)
ANNEX gate: 24/7
*Gates hours and operations are subject to change at any time due to Force Protection needs.
Visitor Control Center (VCC) Hours : Monday-Friday 0700-1130 and 1200-1500 (Closed on Federal Holidays)
Gate Access - Services
Services are located at the Sloat Main Gate.
Please contact the office at 656-3643
Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 0730 - 1130 and 1200 - 1500
Note: ALL VISITORS (GUESTS, VENDORS, ETC.) REQUESTING UNESCORTED ACCESS MUST BE VETTED PRIOR TO BEING GRANTED ENTRY ONTO THE INSTALLATION. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH ARE REQUIRED.
Gate Access Procedures
- Sponsor has guest fill out and return SECNAV form to the sponsor to enter his information and DoD ID# on item #24. The sponsor will email it to me once he checks it. Personally Identifiable Information MUST be secured, if transmitted electronically. Encryption (via nps.edu network) or DOD SAFE can be used.
- Sponsor completes NSAM Gate Access Request form.
- Sponsor sends an encrypted SecNav form to email@example.com. Please check all information is on the form and legible. At firstname.lastname@example.org, notify me that you sent an encrypted SecNav 5512 form to the previous email. If after emailing me, a message says I’m out of the office, then email request to email@example.com for that time period only. I cannot receive secured attachments on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add your email and phone number just in case I need to contact you.
- Recommend sponsor check back a minimum of three (3) business days for status. If the request comes back unfavorable, deliver (in person or via U.S. mail) your appeal package within the required time limit (10 business days from the time you are informed your background check was unfavorable).
- NOTE: If guests have already been vetted (within one calendar year through Naval Support Activity Monterey Gate Access), just fill out and submit the NSAM Gate Access form. Only the last four digits SSN# required for verification.
- Once vetted please go to the visitor center and get a pass. If you’re not able to get to the visitor center by normal working hours 0700–1500 then please inform us at 831-656-3643. I’ll make arrangements to put you on a gate access list for the night or weekend depending on when you’re coming onto the base. The next working day you’ll need to go to the visitor center to get a pass.
The most reliable method to ensure the guest(s) is (are) granted access to the installation is to escort them on personally. Regardless of access type, sponsors are completely responsible for the actions of their guest(s) at all times.
GATE ACCESS FORMS
- DoD SAFE (CAC enabled) (replaces AMRDEC Safe) - NOTE: AMRDEC has lost its secure status.
- Base Access Flow Chart (.docx)
- NSAM Gate Access Instructions (.docx)
- NSAM Gate Access Request Form (.xlsx)
- SECNAV 5512 1 Approved Access Form (.pdf)