The NBVC Public Affairs Officer (PAO) provides public affairs advice to the Commanding Officer, Chief Staff Officer and base staff as it relates to daily events, community issues and media coverage. The PAO is the point of contact for all media queries, community relations and other public affairs functions that are the responsibility of the base. The PAO upholds the public image of NBVC by administering and managing the command’s community relations program and operates as the Crisis Manager during emergency events.
- Media Relations - provides information to newspapers, TV, radio stations, and civic organizations through multiple channels, including social networks; and schedules and conducts interviews and news conferences.
- Community Relations - arranges and conducts installation tours, arranges military participation in the community, connects with local schools for tours and projects, and attends meetings of various community organizations.
- Internal Communications - uses internal communications tools and social networks to inform NBVC personnel of announcements and other information and to foster dialogue.
- Event Management - manages and promotes various events.
- Protocol - provides protocol services for official visitors and VIPs.
- Photography - operates the NBVC Photo Studio (Point Mugu, Bldg. 1) and provides VI services to support Fleet operations as requested.
The Public Affairs Office and the Total Force Strategy and Management Office (Human Resources) are not able to verify employment. Employment verification is now available through My Biz! It is the employee's responsibility to go to My Biz and fill out the necessary information and have it e-mailed to the appropriate parties.
Public Affairs Office: (805) 989-9234 or NBVC_PAO@navy.mil
If you need immediate assistance in reaching a public affairs officer in Navy Region Southwest, call (619) 532-1430.
If you need assistance in reaching public affairs officer for Movies, TV, etc. contact NAVINFO-West (310) 235-7481.
For operator assistance with phone numbers onboard NBVC, please call (805) 989-8094.
For the most current information and news about NBC, please follow us on social media:
Naval Base Ventura County
311 Main Rd, Bldg. 1
Point Mugu, Ca 94042